Thursday, August 20, 2026

I've Got It

The “it” in the title could represent many things.  I am not talking about the Holy Spirit, because He is not an “it.”  Rather, I am talking about the power He represents and makes available to every man, woman, boy, and girl who says “yes” to Jesus and becomes a Christian.

When we surrender our lives to the Lord, we walk in that power.

After Jesus was miraculously resurrected from the dead following His crucifixion, He ascended into heaven.  But before He left, He promised to send another Comforter—the Holy Spirit.  He would empower believers with power from on high to be His witnesses and to do mighty works in Jesus’ name.

If Christians would stop for just a moment and allow that truth to resonate within them, we would move through life differently.

Think about what happens at the new birth.  Our sins are forgiven, and we become sons and daughters of Almighty God.  Through Christ, we have direct access to the Father.  The veil has been torn, and we can boldly enter His presence because of who we are in Christ.  Jesus made this possible.

We do not have to compromise our faith.  We do not have to hang our heads in defeat.  We do not have to live defeated lives.

And we certainly can resist the powers of darkness because, as Scripture says, “Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world.”

We can shout, “I’ve got it!” in the face of trouble.

We can stand against the enemy.  We can pray for the sick and believe God for healing.  We can resist the lies of darkness and stand tall, holding our heads high when confusion knocks at our door.

“We’ got it!”

We have the power of the Holy Spirit.  Our omnipotent Father has provided His children with everything we need to stand firm when Satan whispers, “That power was only for Christians in biblical times.”

Remember who is speaking.  Satan is a liar and the father of lies.

We are God’s children.  What, then, can ultimately stand against us when God is for us?  When Christians truly believe that God is all-powerful and that He will never leave us nor forsake us, we begin to walk in victory.

Born-again believers need not be afraid to step out in faith and trust God to move mountains of despair, mountains of depression, mountains of sickness, and mountains of doubt.  Jesus told us that faith can move mountains—and we can pray and believe in His mighty name.

Peter and John were flesh and blood, just like you and me.  Yet they were well acquainted with the power of the Holy Spirit dwelling within them.

At the Gate called Beautiful, Peter encountered a man who had been lame from birth and who was begging for alms.  Peter looked directly at him and said: “Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.”

And a miracle happened.

The same Holy Spirit who empowered the apostles in those days is the same Holy Spirit who dwells within every child of God today.

I believe what Jesus told His disciples before His crucifixion applies to all believers:

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world.”— John 16:33

Trials and tribulations will come our way.  Jesus never promised us a life without trouble.  But He did promise us His presence, His peace, and the victory He has already won.

So when trouble comes, when doubt whispers, when fear knocks, and when the enemy tells us that we are powerless, we must remember who lives within us.

We belong to God.  We have the Holy Spirit.  We have access to the Father through Jesus Christ.  We have the authority to stand in faith.  We have the promise of God’s presence.

So, when the storms of life come, we don’t have to shrink back in defeat.  We can stand tall and declare: “I’ve got it!”

There’s something about the power of the Holy Spirit.  I can’t fully explain it.  But I’ve got it.

Written by,

Papa Boyd 

No comments:

Post a Comment