Wednesday, October 7, 2026

I Was, but Now I'm Not

What in the world am I talking about in the title?  Stick with me.  These six words cover a lot of territory.

I was lost, but now I’m found.

I was a sinner, but now I’m saved by God’s grace.

I was bound by habits, but now I’m not, because Jesus broke the chains that held me fast.

He gave His life on a cross for you, me, and all of humanity, so that we might be set free from Satan’s grasp and enjoy a life of freedom.

I was miserable, but now I’m not, because Christ filled me with His love.

Like the song says, “It is joy unspeakable and full of glory.  And the half has never yet been told.”

Let me say this: Since I bowed my knees before God late one lonely night, my life has never been the same.  I was seeking some kind of lasting stability in my life.  Peace was certainly not following me down the path I had chosen to travel.  Peace evaded my every attempt to find it.

True and lasting peace is not offered or found in the things of this world.  The things of this world are passing fancies—counterfeits for the real answer to life’s quest for peace and happiness.

Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace.  He alone offers the peace that a searching soul longs for when it calls upon His name.

“So, if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” — John 8:36

I was one of those people who finally realized I needed something more out of life than the life I was living—something or Someone.

Clarity and purpose for living became clear before my very eyes the moment I surrendered my life to God.  The Holy Spirit quenched my inward thirst to belong and filled my hungry soul with His love.

I was once a needy and cantankerous individual, but now I’m not.

Jesus made all the difference in my life.

I was lost, but now I’m found.

I was bound, but now I’m free.

I was miserable, but now I have joy.

I was searching, but now I have found the One I was searching for.

I was—but now I’m not.

Jesus changed my life, and He can do the same for you if yo are searching for newness of life.

Confess your sins before God, turn to Him, and receive Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord.  There really is hope for a changed life—because there is hope in Jesus Christ.

Written by,

Papa Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment