Saturday, September 19, 2026

I Am Blessed

I’m thankful that I live in a nation where I have the freedom to worship God and attend the church of my choosing.  Like most Americans, I have not experienced the depth of oppression that citizens in other countries are experiencing.  I know very little about the difficult living conditions suffered by thousands of people who have little hope of experiencing a better life than the one they are living.

Our nation has long embraced the words, “In God We Trust,” and faith in God has played an important part in the story of America.  Yet, it feels as though the tide is beginning to shift, and some of the beliefs and values that have shaped our nation are becoming increasingly challenged.  I believe this is a time when all Christians, young and old, need to earnestly seek God in prayer, asking Him to raise up a standard against the enemy that is trying to come in like a flood.

The Bible says, “Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound” (Romans 5:20).  Freedom is something we should never take for granted.  Rather than having an attitude of comme ci, comme ca (kawm-see, kawm-sah)—a French expression meaning “so-so” or “neither good nor bad”—we should recognize the blessings and liberties we enjoy and accept our responsibility to pray for God’s intervention and guidance.

We had better look at the blessings we have been given instead of taking a backseat concerning our responsibility to pray for change before we experience unnecessary and irreversible heartache.  Prayer is the key to heaven, and faith unlocks the door to worship God in spirit and in truth.

I believe every Christian should take it upon themselves to pray for God’s intervention.  Scripture gives us the answer in 2 Chronicles 7:14: “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” 

Yes, I am blessed to have the privilege of coming before our Father in heaven and asking, in faith believing, that He will restore faith and heal our land.

I believe America can renew its commitment to servanthood, which is the condition or practice of being a servant—characterized by humble, unselfish, and active dedication to the needs of others—rather than servitude, which is the state of being under the control of another, living without freedom, or performing forced labor.

Yet, whatever the future may hold, we do not need to live in fear.  God reminds us in Isaiah 41:10: “Fear thou not: for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

I am blessed because the Lord Jesus Christ resides within me.  And no matter what the future holds, Scripture tells us that He will never leave nor forsake His children.

This is the sure hope of all Christians.

Written by,

Papa Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment