I have a grandson, now in his late twenties, who spent time with our family during his early, formative years. How that boy could talk! Whenever we took short trips, he would talk nonstop from the time we left until the time we returned. I loved it. I simply let him talk and enjoyed every minute of it.
I think he took after his
uncle, our youngest son of three children.
Because he was the last of three, his older siblings often talked for
him. But when he found his voice—well,
let me tell you, he found it! Once he
started talking, he carried the conversation.
It was an endless, one-sided conversation, always beginning and ending
from his side.
Again, I loved it—up to a
point. After a while, either my wife or
I would have to say, “It’s time to rest your voice, son.”
He was always good about
coming up for air, figuratively speaking, and giving his voice a rest.
I remember that when the
talking finally stopped for a moment, there were always questions: How? When?
Where? Why? They were both inquisitive. They wanted to know things, and I believe
that is a wonderful trait. Both our
grandson and our son are very intelligent individuals, and that gift of gab has
certainly served them well in the jobs they now have as adults. I am extremely proud of both of them.
But let me take a little side
road here.
When a person decides to begin
reading God’s Word, the Bible, something wonderful begins to happen. The Bible is inspired by God, and when God is
incorporated into and involved in something, there is always something good to
discover.
Curiosity leads to learning.
Learning leads to understanding. And
understanding creates an excitement that makes you want to keep reading.
The Bible truly comes alive
when we read it, meditate on it, and apply the truths we discover to our daily
lives. It is good for the soul. As the psalmist reminds us, “Your word is
a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” –- Psalm 119:105
God’s Word helps us see where
we are, where we are going, and how we should get there.
Perhaps that is why those four
questions—how, where, when, and why—have such a special place in my
thinking. When we genuinely seek God, we
begin asking questions. We want to know
more. We want to understand His Word,
His will, and His purpose for our lives.
When I collect my thoughts and
compose my writings, those thoughts inspire me to publish them. When I get alone with God, I can’t wait for
the next word, the next sentence, and the next paragraph to resonate in my mind. I literally get excited as I jot down the
thoughts that are pouring into my mind.
Before I know it, another
piece of writing is ready to post on my blog.
I am not only thrilled by the
thoughts that come to me; I am also humbled and grateful to know that people around the world are reading my blog each day. Through these writings, I am able to share
some of the how, where, when, and why of my faith and explain why it means so
much to me since becoming a born-again Christian.
Since God forgave my sins, He
has given me something truly good to write about. I believe many of these thoughts are inspired
by the Holy Spirit, who encourages me to put them into words and share them
with others.
My sincere prayer is that the
thoughts captured in my writings will permeate minds and find lodging in the
souls of people who are searching for answers in a world that often takes
rather than gives.
We all need words of
hope. We need reminders that there is
something greater than the confusion, disappointment, and uncertainty we
encounter in this life. We need to know
that God is still speaking, still guiding, still forgiving, and still offering
hope to those who seek Him.
So, if you haven’t found my
blog yet, I invite you to visit.
wordsfrompapa.blogspot.com
You may find a thought that
answers a question you have been asking.
You may find a word of encouragement when you need it most. Or perhaps you will simply find another
reason to ask: How? Where? When?
Why?
And then, perhaps, you will
begin searching for the answers in the greatest source of truth we have—God’s
Word.
Written by,
Papa Boyd
No comments:
Post a Comment