I’m sure you’ve seen those Chinese finger traps—simple bamboo or plastic tubes into which you insert your index fingers from opposite ends. The harder you pull to free yourself, the tighter the trap grips your fingers. Escape seems almost impossible.
As a boy, I also had a pair of
toy handcuffs. When my neighborhood
friends and I played cops and robbers, those handcuffs often held tighter than
we expected, making it surprisingly difficult to break free.
Sin has a similar grip on a
person’s life. When it overcomes better
judgment, it binds the heart and mind, stealing peace and compromising the
soul’s sense of comfort and freedom. The
harder we struggle in our own strength, the more tightly its bondage seems to
hold us.
True freedom comes only
through the born-again experience made possible by Jesus Christ. Through His death on the cross and His
resurrection from the dead, He paid the price for our sins and broke the chains
of bondage. He willingly sacrificed His
life so that we could be forgiven, redeemed, and set free.
Jesus Christ cuts the ties
that bind us.
Written by,
Papa Boyd
No comments:
Post a Comment