Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Does Anyone Care? Am I Wanted?

A pastor whose teaching I sat under for many years once shared a story with the congregation about his mother.  Whenever she was discharged from the hospital, she would say, “I feel so bad I’m going to go eat some worms.”

Sometimes we can find ourselves having a similar “pity party.”  Our minds are prone to wander into dark places where unfounded feelings rear their ugly heads, convincing us that things are far worse than they really are.  While this may seem more common among those with a pessimistic personality, even the most optimistic person can fall into the same line of thinking.

Thoughts such as, “Does anyone care what I’m going through?”  may begin to surface.  If we continue down that path, other discouraging questions can follow: “Am I wanted?”  or “Where do I belong?”

If these thoughts visit you from time to time, I encourage you to take every hurtful thought captive and do as my pastor often reminded us: “Allow God to carry those heavy burdens for you.”

God desires for us to live victoriously, free from the accusations and lies that often originate in the dark recesses of our minds.  Shadows of discouragement can arise without warning, but Jesus speaks peace to our souls when we tune our hearts to His voice of authority.

You may ask, “How do I do this?”  Simply ask Him to open your ears to hear His voice and your eyes to see His grace at work on your behalf.  Then cast your cares upon Him.

As 1 Peter 5:7 reminds us, “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.”  This is His invitation to every one of us.  Yet it is up to us to accept His help—not only in times of uncertainty, but every day.

Trust the Lord.  As you lean on Him, His strength becomes your strength.

Written by,

Papa Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment