Friday, July 24, 2026

It's a God Thing

Over the last three or four years, I’ve heard the phrase, “It’s a God thing,” spoken by different people.  Every time I hear it, I smile, because it captures so much truth in just four simple words.

The phrase says it all.  It leaves nothing to the imagination except this: the Almighty has stepped into a situation and accomplished something only He could do.  Four words tell the whole story.

Each time I’ve heard someone say, “It’s a God thing,” they were describing an event that was clearly supernatural—an unmistakable answer to prayer.  I’ve since adopted the phrase myself because I can think of no better way to explain the unexplainable.  When God performs a miracle, opens an impossible door, or answers a heartfelt prayer, the simplest and truest explanation is this: It’s a God thing.

Those four words give Him the glory He deserves.

I don’t believe in happenstance or that life is governed by random circumstances and lucky breaks.  I believe that God is always at work, even when His hand is hidden from our eyes.  His Word assures us that all things work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Still, there are seasons when it’s easy to become discouraged.  We long for something with all our hearts, yet every attempt to reach it seems to end behind a closed door.  We push, we pray, we wait—and nothing changes.

That is often when the enemy quietly whispers discouraging thoughts: “God doesn’t care.  He has left you to weep alone.”  If we listen long enough, the lies become even darker: “God has forsaken you.  You must have done something to make Him angry.  He is punishing you.”

But those whispers are never the voice of our Heavenly Father.

God is love—plain and simple.  His desire is for us to flourish and to experience the abundant life Jesus promised.  Above all, His heart is that no one should perish but that everyone would come to Him with a repentant heart, receive His forgiveness, and enjoy eternal life in His presence.  Heaven is the glorious inheritance awaiting those who place their faith in Him.

When I think back to the day after God forgave my sins, I realize that if I had known this phrase then, I would have said it without hesitation: “It’s a God thing.”  The forgiveness He poured into my life brought such miraculous healing to my soul that no human explanation could ever do it justice.  Only God could have lifted the weight of guilt, replaced despair with peace, and filled an empty heart with hope.

It truly was a God thing.

And what about those doors that refuse to open?

Time and again, I have discovered that when God closes one door, He opens another that is perfectly aligned with His will.  At first, the closed door may feel like rejection, disappointment, or even loss.  But with time comes perspective, and we begin to see that His “no” was often His loving protection, while His “yes” was preparing something far better than we could have imagined.

There is no doubt in my mind that our Heavenly Father desires what is best for His children.  His timing is perfect, His wisdom is flawless, and His love never fails.

So when we pray, “Not my will, but Yours be done,” we can rest in the confidence that Jesus walks beside us through every valley and every mountaintop.  He is faithfully working behind the scenes, weaving together circumstances according to His perfect plan.  Even when we cannot see His hand, we can trust His heart.

Looking back over our lives, we often discover that the moments we once questioned became the very places where God revealed His faithfulness most clearly.  What seemed impossible became possible.  What appeared to be an ending became a new beginning.  What looked like coincidence proved to be divine intervention.

And when every earthly explanation falls short, there is only one thing left to say:  It’s a God thing.

Written by,

Papa Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment