Friday, July 24, 2026

Soul-Parching Moments

It is an unforgettable memory when I compare the life I live now with the days when I walked in my own strength.  I was a man searching for springs of living water in all the wrong places.  My soul was spiritually parched, thirsting for a cool drink that could sustain me and keep me from collapsing under the weight of spiritual dehydration.

I call those memories my “soul-parching moments.”  It is not that I dwell on the past, but whenever I reflect on Jesus and what He accomplished for me at Calvary, my soul rejoices because I know firsthand the depth of God’s mercy.  He touched my parched lips with the cup of His saving grace and filled my dry and weary soul with the life-giving water that only He can provide.

I am thankful for every morning I awaken with hope in my soul, where once there was only fear and worry.  There was a time when I dreaded the thought of dying in my sleep because I knew where my soul was headed—and it was not heaven.  But Jesus changed everything.  He revived my dry bones, breathed life into my soul, and awakened me to the riches of His grace.

Never have I experienced a touch as loving and life-changing as the moment I finally unclenched my tightly closed hand and took hold of the hand Jesus had been faithfully extending to me all along.  Since that day, I have walked in the refreshing waters of His presence, fully hydrated by His grace and overflowing with His love.  My once-parched soul has become a testimony to the living water that only Christ can give.

Written by,

Papa Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment