Sunday, September 27, 2026

Filled to Capacity

This title, Filled to Capacity, can reveal different meanings.  You may ask, “Filled to capacity with what?”  My mind goes in several directions, so let’s see where it takes us.

I want the time we spend together to mean something.  My desire for these thoughts is to provide food for your mind—something that might help fill it with thoughts that will help you face the challenges of life.

My first thought immediately goes to the night God forgave my sins.

I was groping and searching for something, or Someone, to direct me in the right way and help me find peace for my vacillating mind.  It seemed I was wishy-washy in all my ways.  After kneeling beside my bed and praying for the first time in years, the more I prayed for forgiveness of my sins, the more fervent and intense my prayer became.  With every word, I felt a greater desire for Christ.

I knew the Lord was the answer to life’s struggles and that He would give me direction and purpose.

All of a sudden, my bedroom seemed to fill with the presence of God.  I felt Him all over me.  Not only did He fill every corner of the room, but it was as though I had removed the top of my scalp and the Spirit of God entered into me, filling my entire being to capacity—every corner of my heart filled with the presence of the Holy Spirit.

There was no doubt in my mind that God had forgiven my sins.  A heavy burden I had carried for years was lifted from my shoulders.  I remember taking a deep breath and exclaiming aloud, “I can breathe!”

The peace described in Philippians 4:7 seemed to flood every part of me: “And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

And 1 Peter 5:7 reminds us: “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.”

We are not saved by feelings, but because of the promise found in God’s Word.  1 John 1:9 tells us: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

Love not only filled the room where I was praying; love filled my heart to capacity.

Another thought comes to mind.  Scripture tells us that when we give, God will pour blessings upon us that we cannot contain—filled to capacity and running over.

Luke 6:38 says: “Give, and it will be given to you;  good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom.  For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

We cannot out-give God.  He has a storehouse full of blessings.

If you have found that everything else has failed to bring you contentment, happiness, and peace of mind, give Jesus a chance to reveal Himself to you and show you the love He has to offer.  You will not be disappointed.

He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

The Holy Spirit will not leave you comfortless.  He will fill you to capacity with His love.

Written by,

Papa Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment